Engage With Us
Auctions in San Diego to Benefit St. Vincent de Paul Village
For the past couple years we’ve been helping St. Vincent de Paul Village (SVDP) with their specialty auctions in San Diego, which has been a rewarding partnership.
For those of you who don’t know, St. Vincent de Paul Village is a non-profit organization here in San Diego that is associated with Father Joe’s Village. They’ve been helping homeless individuals, families, and veterans in San Diego for over 62 years by providing housing, drug rehabilitation, and other resources. The mission of St. Vincent de Paul Village is to “saves lives, inspires lives and changes the lives”.
SVDP has a donation warehouse close to downtown San Diego where live auctions are held daily starting at 9 am, but their online specialty auction is held every 8 weeks, and this is where we come in. Proceeds from the auction go to help SVDP continue their valuable work in the community.
Now imagine a collector’s haven full of treasures from the past. Almost everything imaginable is included in the online specialty auction including home decor items, rare furniture pieces, tools, retro fashion, sports memorabilia, vintage musical instruments, original art, jewelry, and so much more. And if scary-looking dolls are your thing, you can bid on those too.
Everything is donated from all over San Diego, and what makes it so fun is that we never know what kind of interesting items we’ll come across. In the last auction that just ended there was a bronze statue by artist F. Priess that went for $1,200. Apparently, Priess was a famous German sculptor who was known for his art deco style and his pieces are highly valued by modern collectors.
We usually have a couple preview days for this auction, so if you’re in San Diego you can come down to the SVDP warehouse to inspect all the items before you make a bid. If you don’t live in San Diego, you can always contact us with any questions about an item and we’ll do our best to get you information about it.
Here are a few other things you should know about our online auctions:
* You need to register and create an account before you can bid on any items.
* There is no fee to make a bid, but in order to qualify bidders your credit/debit card will be authorized for $100 to ensure that it is a valid card. The $100 is not an actual charge – it is only held for 2-5 days (depending on your bank hold time).
* At the close of the auction, your credit card will be charged automatically for the item if you are the winner.
* All items are sold “As Is” and all sales are final. This is why we highly recommend previewing the items.
* If you’re not in San Diego to pick up any items, we have a partnership with Pak Mail La Jolla to ship items to you anywhere in the world.
Want to be notified of the next St. Vincent de Paul specialty auction or any other auctions in San Diego including government surplus auctions and estate sales? Simply submit your email in the box at the bottom of our homepage or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.