Closed and Sold Mulvaney’s Wagon Wheel Bar/Restaurant Decor Online Internet Auction Cal
Vintage Bar Décor: Neon Beer Signs, Pool Table Lights, Saddles, Antique Toys, Animal Traps, Wall Art, Signs, Wagon Wheels, Chairs, AND MORE AssetBridge M1474
Starts Closing AtThursday, March 07, 2013 at 10:37 AM PST
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 at 8:00 AM PST
Additional Notes, Please Read Carefully
TERMS OF SALE
THIS IS AN INTERNET ONLY AUCTION!
AUCTION CLOSING DATE: Thursday March 7th beginning at 10:37am PST bidding closes the first item at 10:37am PST then closes 5 items per minute thereafter to the last item in catalog order.
INSPECT: Wednesday March 6th 8am to 12pm (PST)
REMOVAL: Friday March 8th 8am to 12pm noon (PST)
Terms and Conditions of Sale
For any questions regarding this auction, please email us at email@example.com or call 619-326-9690
These are the Terms and Conditions of Sale for this online auction. They consist of this introduction and twenty-nine numbered paragraphs that outline the relationship between you (“the Bidder”) and the auctioneer (“Rasmus”). Throughout these Terms and Conditions, the terms “auctioneer,” “we,” “us,” and “our” will refer to Rasmus, and the terms “you” and “your” will refer to the Bidder.
If you want to bid in this online auction, you will first have to certify that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Such certification will function as your legal and binding electronic signature. If you choose to make this certification, the Terms and Conditions will become binding both on you and on Rasmus, and both parties will be expected to abide by the Terms and Conditions if any issues arise in connection with this sale.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully! They contain important information about the online auction itself and your rights and responsibilities as a bidder.
1. Registration: To gain access to Rasmus’s bidding system, you will need to register and obtain a bidder number. You must be eighteen years old or older to register. You agree that all information that you provide during the registration process will be true and accurate. You will be banned from participation in Rasmus auctions indefinitely should you provide any false information during the registration process.
2. Applying for Tax-Exempt Status: Some bidders may be exempt from payment of applicable taxes. If you wish to apply for tax-exempt status, you must submit a completed copy of Rasmus’s tax-exempt form prior to this auction’s closing. You can find the form here. Please note that Rasmus requires bidders to submit a new tax-exempt form for every sale. Once you have completed your tax-exempt form, please e-mail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can review your information. If you do not follow the procedures discussed in this paragraph, Rasmus will be unable to consider identifying you as exempt from taxation, and you will have to apply directly to the applicable state for a refund. Please also note that, depending on the state whose sales tax applies, submission of Rasmus’s tax exempt form may not be sufficient to entitle you to tax-exempt status. Please review the form and its contents carefully, and contact Rasmus with any questions you may have.
3. Deposit: In order for Rasmus to process your winning bid, we must have a working Visa or MasterCard associated with your account. To ensure that the credit card information you provide is correct, Rasmus will authorize your credit card for $100 after you have registered for this online auction. This $100 authorization is not a charge, just a hold on your $100; if you decide not to make any bids during this auction, or if none of your bids are successful, no money whatsoever will be taken from your account, and the hold on your $100 will be lifted in accordance with the procedures of your credit card provider.
4. Bidder’s Duty to Update Information: Whether you are a new or returning bidder, you agree that if any of the information associated with your bidder number – including contact information and credit card information – changes at any time prior to, during, or after this sale, you will notify Rasmus of the change by updating your bidder profile.
5. Conduct of Sale: All deposits, bids, and credits in this sale will be made in United States Dollars. You agree not to use any hardware, software, program, or system that would interfere with the orderly conduct of this sale. You further agree not to copy, reproduce, or publically display any content from Rasmus’s website without first obtaining written permission from Rasmus.
6. Bidder’s Duty to Inspect and Investigate: You acknowledge that Rasmus is providing you with the opportunity to inspect the items being offered for sale in this auction. Rasmus strongly encourages you to attend the scheduled inspection for this auction, which will take place on Wednesday March 6th 8am to 12pm (PST). If you choose not to attend the scheduled inspection and are in doubt about the condition, completeness or suitability of a given item, please bid accordingly.
- Photographs and Descriptions: Rasmus regularly posts item descriptions and photographs to aid bidders in the bidding process, and we make every effort to ensure that the descriptions and photographs that we post accurately represent the items being offered for sale. In some photographs, multiple items may appear to be joined as a single unit, however you should not assume that a lot consists of more than one item simply because various items appear connected or are featured in the same photograph. Also understand that, on occasion, the wrong photograph may be displayed for a given item. At all times, you are bidding on items as they are described on the www.rasmus.com website, not as they appear in any photograph.
- CHOOSE WISELY: We want everyone to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients will not assume the cost of your mistakes. You agree that your failure to inspect or otherwise become fully informed about the items offered for sale in this auction will not be grounds for a refusal to pay amounts due to Rasmus nor for any claim against Rasmus.
7. WARRANTY AND CONDITION OF ITEMS SOLD: ALL LOTS AND ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THIS SALE IS A SALE TO THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY OF “EQUIPMENT” AND “INVENTORY” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. NO ACTION TAKEN BY RASMUS OR ITS AGENTS IS INTENDED TO CREATE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANY AS TO ANY LOT OR ITEM IN THIS SALE. RASMUS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, ACCURACY, TITLE, OR ANY OTHER STATUTORY OR COMMON LAW WARRANTY. IT IS BELIEVED THAT ALL DESCRIPTIONS ARE ACCURATE, BUT DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
8. When You Have Been Outbid: If you are outbid during the course of this auction, you will be notified by email. You can review your bids at any time using Rasmus’s “Review Bids” feature; items on which you have been outbid will be clearly marked.
9. Reporting Bidding Errors: You should carefully review every bid you choose to make before submitting that bid. Rasmus will not automatically assume that any bid – even a bid that increases your own, lower bid – was made in error. Many bidders routinely increase their own bids to price an item out of the reach of other bidders. If you mistakenly increase your own bid at any time during the auction, or make some other bidding error (e.g. placing your bidder number in the price field), you must immediately contact Rasmus by email at email@example.com. Reports of bidding errors must be made via e-mail; phone reports will not be accommodated.
10. Timeliness of Bidding Error Reports: If you make a bidding error during this auction, you must identify and report the error before the auction begins to close. Rasmus will not undo bidding errors reported after the auction has begun to close.
11. Bidder’s Duty to Report Fraud: You are responsible for all bids made from your account. If you believe that an unauthorized person has gained access to your account, you must notify Rasmus immediately by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also report the incident to the relevant law enforcement authorities and send Rasmus a copy of any resulting police report. You understand and agree that if you do not promptly report any suspected fraud to Rasmus and to the relevant law enforcement authorities, you will be held personally responsible for all purchases made using your account and bidder number.
12. Changes in Circumstance: All aspects of this auction are subject to change without notice. Rasmus reserves the right to – at any time – (1) add or remove items from the auction, (2) split or combine lots, (3) add minimum bids or reserve prices, (4) cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule the sale of an individual item, lot, auction, and/or auction event, (5) make changes to the auction’s closing, inspection, or removal times, or (6) take any other action Rasmus deems necessary to effect the fair conduct of this sale or protection of buyers’, sellers’, or other parties’ interests. In the event a seller withdraws an item from this auction prior to the close of the auction, Rasmus may leave the item on the catalog and buy the item back on behalf of the seller to establish Rasmus’s earned commission and the buyer’s premium due to Rasmus from the seller.
13. Closing: Rasmus’s online auctions are designed to mimic traditional “live” actions. For this reason, this auction will have a staggered, dynamic closing.
- Staggered Closing: This online auction will automatically begin to close at a rate of five items per minute, every minute. Items’ closing times may be extended past their scheduled closing time, however, as a result of Rasmus’s dynamic closing feature.
- Dynamic Closing: The closing time of an item is automatically extended an additional four minutes whenever a bid is placed within the four minutes leading up to an item’s scheduled closing time.
14. Winning Bids: If you place a bid in this sale, and your bid is determined to be the winning bid, you become obligated to pay for the item that you have won at the price you gave as your bid.
- Notification: If you end up placing one or more winning bids in this auction, Rasmus will contact you by e-mail to let you know which items you have won. This e-mail notification will be the only contact you receive from Rasmus about your winning bids; this means that you are responsible for checking your e-mail following the close of the auction to determine what items you have won. If you do not receive an e-mail identifying you as a winning bidder, it is because Rasmus has no record of your having placed a winning bid.
- Bid Inquiries: If you believe that you placed a winning bid, but do not receive an e-mail, you must notify Rasmus by sending an e-mail to email@example.com explaining your situation by 9:00am on the day after of the auction has closed. You agree that Rasmus will be the sole authority regarding the identification of winning bids.
15. Payment: At the conclusion of this auction, the credit card associated with your account will be automatically charged for the full price of your purchases. For this reason, it is imperative that you provide Rasmus with a credit card that can bear the weight of all of your purchases at the moment the auction closes. You can update your credit card information at any time by clicking the “My Account” tab and choosing “Update Credit Card.”
- Suspension: You understand and agree that if, at the end of this auction, Rasmus is twice unable to charge your credit card for the entire amount of your purchases, Rasmus will suspend your online bidding privileges indefinitely. Rasmus will only reinstate suspended accounts if the suspended bidder hands over a $1,000 deposit to be held in escrow for a period of one year.
- Chargebacks Prohibited: You agree that you will accept all charges placed on the credit card associated with your account, and you agree that you will not charge back any amount that Rasmus charges to your credit card. You agree that this provision applies equally to amounts charged in connection with any items you have won and any costs or fees discussed in Paragraphs 18-20 of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Buyer’s Premium: A 15% buyer’s premium is added to every purchase. This means that if your winning bids add up to $100, you will be charged $115 at checkout.
17. Sales Tax: Sales tax will be collected on items purchased at this auction. Remember: if you are tax exempt, you must follow the procedures discussed in Paragraph 2 to apply for tax-exempt status.
18. Default and Resale: You agree that if, after being declared the winning bidder, you fail to pay for any item that you have won for any reason, your account will be declared in default. If you still refuse to pay for any item after being notified of your account’s being in default, you agree that the auctioneer will have the right to immediately resell your item, and you further agree to pay (1) any cost associated with the resale and (2) any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
19. Picking Up Your Items: You are solely responsible for the safe and timely pick-up and removal of any items you may win at this auction. If you are unable to safely pick up and remove your items during the removal times that have been scheduled for this sale, PLEASE DO NOT BID. Rasmus does not ship, nor does Rasmus hold items beyond the published removal times. Rasmus will not issue you a refund if you are unable to pick up and safely remove your items during the published removal times.
- Bidder’s Duty to Remove Items Safely: Again, you are solely responsible for the safe pick-up, removal, and transportation of your items. You agree that the pick-up, removal, and transportation of your items will be solely at your expense and at your risk. You further agree that you will be responsible for any damage that you or any of your agents cause during any preview or removal period, and also agree that the credit card associated with your online account will be charged for any expenses incurred and/or repairs necessary as a result of any damage that you cause.
- Release Upon Presentation of Receipt: You understand and agree that Rasmus will release your items only after you or your agent presents a sales receipt generated by Rasmus stating that your account is paid in full. You further understand and agree that it is your duty to ensure that any agent picking up items on your behalf has a copy of your paid sales receipt to present at the pick-up location. You explicitly authorize Rasmus to release your items to any person in possession of your paid sales receipt. No item will be released to any person unless that person presents a paid sales receipt listing the item in question.
- Abandonment: You understand and agree that any item that you do not pick up during the published removal times will be considered abandoned. You understand and agree that you will be charged a reasonable fee for the storage, removal, and/or disposal of any item that is considered abandoned.
20. Disposal of Unclaimed Items: In the event you refuse to pay for or abandon any item that you win at auction, Rasmus will have the option of reselling, removing, storing, or disposing of the unpaid-for or abandoned item. You understand and agree that you will be personally responsible for all deficiencies – and all legal-, collection-, transportation-, and storage expenses – associated with your delinquent account and/or abandoned items. In the event of resale, you agree to pay any cost associated with the resale as well as any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
21. Non-Delivery: In the unusual event that an item has been totally misdescribed or is unavailable for pickup during the published removal times, you must immediately notify Rasmus’s onsite staff of the problem and file a claim for non-delivery within twenty-four hours. You understand and agree that if you fail to make a claim for non-delivery within twenty-four hours of your discovering the problem, your claim for non-delivery will not be honored. Claims for non-delivery may be filed by replying to the e-mail that informed you of your winning binds. Your claim must fully describe the nature of the problem that you have identified.
22. Claims and Choice of Venue: Any claim or controversy out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, or to any breach thereof, will be settled either (1) in Fairfax County, Virginia’s Small Claims Court, if the claim in question amounts to less than $5,000, or (2) by means of arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, if the claim in question amounts to more than $5,000. In the event of arbitration, judgments upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction. You agree that all claims will be litigated or arbitrated on an individual basis, and will not be consolidated with any claim made by another party. Venue in every case will be Fairfax County, Virginia. You agree that any judgments awarded may be applied to and collected from you personally or corporately. Should any party file an action contrary to this paragraph, the counterparty may recover reasonable legal fees and costs. Further, if you bring a claim against Rasmus and do not prevail, you agree that you will reimburse Rasmus for all reasonable legal fees and costs.
23. Interim or Preliminary Relief: Notwithstanding the contents of Paragraph 22 of these Terms and Conditions, you agree that Rasmus may seek interim or preliminary relief in a court having jurisdiction in order to protect any rights or property that Rasmus may have pending arbitration or litigation.
24. Liability: In all cases, Rasmus’s liability, and the liability of the seller of the items in this auction, will be limited to the refund of your purchase price. Rasmus will not be liable for any amount in connection with the postponement or cancellation of this auction, or the withdrawal of any item or lot from this auction. In no event will Rasmus be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this auction or any related sale or transaction.
- No Liability for the Acts of Third Parties: Rasmus is not responsible for any action taken by any seller, bidder, or other third party before, during, or after this auction.
- No Liability for Site Malfunction: You understand that this auction is online-only, and so relies on devices and programs that may malfunction without warning. You agree that Rasmus will not be liable for any error or inconvenience that may be the result of such a malfunction. You further understand and agree that Rasmus may void or suspend any sale, or resell any item, if Rasmus determines a transaction to have been affected by any site malfunction.
25. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Rasmus and its employees, officers, owners, affiliates, agents, and representatives from and against any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, costs, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs, related to, arising from, or associated with you, your agents or representatives – including, but not limited to, personal injury or property damage caused at any sales site or during removal or transportation of items won at auction, any dispute with another bidder, or any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
26. Limitations: These Terms and Conditions do not – nor are they intented to – create any agency-, partnership-, joint venture-, employer-employee-, or franchisor-franchisee relationship. These Terms and Conditions cannot be altered except in writing by Rasmus.
27. Severability: If any term, provision, paragraph, condition, or other portion of this agreement – or the application of these to any person, place, or circumstance – is held to be invalid, unenforceable, or void, the remainder of this agreement and such term, provision, covenant or condition as applied to other persons, places and circumstances will remain in full force and effect.
28. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
29. Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions contain our entire agreement and supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to the same subject matter.
RL Rasmus Auctioneers
© Copyright 1999 – 2012 • AssetBridge • All Rights Reserved